The NHS Class of 1963 has always had the very best reunions -- beginning with the 10th at the Alpine Grove, followed by the 20th, 25th, 30th, 40th (really the 41st), then the "big one" - our 50th class reunion in September 2013, and most recently our 55th class reunion held in September of 2018. Every one of our class reunions has been well attended and memorable (we click as a group), and we plan to continue that great tradition with our 60th class reunion in October of 2023 (beyond that is anybody’s guess). Detailed planning for the 60th class reunion (the what, where, when, events, cost etc.) is well underway. A "Save the Dates" letter went out to all classmates in October 2022 and in May of 2023, another letter was mailed to all classmates with all details of the 60th reunion as well as a Sign-Up form to be returned asap and no later than June 30th, 2023. We look forward to seeing everyone in October. Until then, our message remains "stay healthy and plan to join us".
Click (or tap) on an image below to see a brief recap and pictures (if available) from our previous class reunions
WHO SHOWS UP AT REUNIONS?
We end this section with an article written by the late humorist Erma Bombeck (without permission of course). Erma wrote:
"You can always tell when the high school and college reunion season hits. The streets swell with joggers. There are waiting lines surrounding the fitness center, and you can't find a piece of lettuce in the entire town. Everyone wants to go back to their school looking like they were 18 years old. Everyone wants to be the one who fulfilled the class prophecy. It's "deja vu".... with hairpiece, dentures and stretch marks. Some classmates never return to the school that unleashed them into a society armed only with a talent for diagramming a sentence and knowing three Spanish verbs. They have no curiosity as to how everyone turned out. Others are staples at every reunion and wouldn't miss it for the world. Who are they?
- INSURANCE SALESMAN. One class reunion is worth 300 callbacks. Show them a picture of your family and from somewhere they pull out an artist's brush and take Daddy out of the picture...leaving you with no income, and a $350,000 mortgage. They really know how to make a party fun.
- EVERYONE WHO IS PREGNANT --- They show up in the early reunions...and why shouldn't they? They have nothing to lose.
- TALL PEOPLE WHO USED TO BE SHORT -- At my reunion, I met a boy who had grown six inches since high school graduation and turned out to be a hunk. I told his wife (an outsider) it wasn't fair. We put up with him when he was short. He could have at least told of us of his plans.
- RICH PEOPLE WHO USED TO BE POOR --- They drive new cars, give you their "card" and hide out in the restroom from the high school fundraisers. They never bring their own bottles, but summon drinks from the bar at $10 a pop.
- PEOPLE WHO KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO THE CLASS SONG --- I have been to a lot of class reunions in my time.....and they always show up. Both of them.